pieces calligraphy workshop announcement

Brush Calligraphy Workshops in Sacramento, California

Workshop announcement for Instagram 5-27-16

Well, hello there! It has been a while since I took a break from blogging/YouTubing.

While it has been quiet here on the blog, I have been avidly working on putting together more in-person workshops. These workshops are right here in my hometown, Sacramento, California. They are four-hours long and designed to give you a solid introduction to brush calligraphy. You can read more about my workshops here.

pieces calligraphy workshop announcement

If you’re local or willing to travel, I would love to have you in class! There’s nothing like one-on-one, in-person instruction and live demonstrations.

And if you’re not close enough to join me this time, stay tuned. I’ll be heading to Los Angeles this fall and the Northern Virginia/DC area in December.

Sharisse signature - pieces calligraphy

~ ~ ~

Are you located close to Sacramento? If not, tell me in a comment below where you are located. I’d love to host a workshop there!

20 thoughts on “Brush Calligraphy Workshops in Sacramento, California

1. Sheri says:

Hi! I’m in the Phoenix area & would love to see you either come here or to Vegas. I recently took a calligraphy workshop from someone else & am sad to say how disappointing it was! I think your workshops sound much more in-depth and fun.

• piecescalligraphy says:

Hi Sheri! I would absolutely love to go to Phoenix or Vegas. Hopefully sooner than later! It would be so awesome to meet and teach you. In the meantime, I hope my tutorials and videos help. Let me know if you have any questions.

2. Allison says:

I work at a venue in Orange County that hosts a lot of workshops! We would absolutely LOVE to have you teach a workshop here. Feel free to email me if you are interested!🙂

3. Lisa T. says:

How about Santa Cruz? There are plenty of artsy people here, it’s not far from Sacramento, and there are plenty of places to hold workshops!

4. LettersbyRiss says:

I love your posts!! I’ve been doing a lot of pointed pen the last 6 months or so, but I’m discovering how awesome brush lettering is! One thing though, I can’t seem to find a post on how to do the comma dot! Am I just missing it? I see that its similar to the understroke and I watched the video from the ovals on how high to go up with them, but is there a post explaining how to do it itself?? Thanks!!

• piecescalligraphy says:

Hi Riss! I don’t have a specific video/post on the commadot. But here’s what I’ll tell you: Keep the commadot on the INSIDE of your stroke. This will help ensure it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb. Are you on Instagram? Tell me your IG handle, and I’ll try to tag you in some posts where I demonstrate the commadot.