Hello and welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Here goes my very first post on Pieces Calligraphy. This post is just a quick, “hello,” to all you fine folks out there.
Yes, I’m looking at you.
Since this is my first post ever, I figured I’d start with a little introduction. Then I want to hear from YOU!
Who am I?
I’m Sharisse and I live in Northern California with my husband and twin toddler boys. During the day, I crunch numbers in a budget shop. By night, I am writing and crafting, often with a glass of wine by my side.
I talk a lot, have tons to say, and therefore, this blog is my creative outlet. Here’s to hoping my posts keep your attention and are worth your precious time.
Calligraphy, the new love of my life
Contrary to what you may think, calligraphy is relatively new in my life. I’ve always loved anything handwritten, but only at the end of 2014 did I gain a serious interest in formally learning the art. A background in art, design, or lettering is something I do NOT have. In fact, I majored in Psychology and estimate health care dollars at my day job.
Why a blog?
Gradually, people would ask me all kinds of questions, such as tips for beginners, my favorite supplies to use, and troubleshooting advice. While I love and welcome all questions, it is quite overwhelming and hard to keep up with responding to each person in depth. On top of that, I always felt that a tiny little caption and sharing just one photo on social media was never enough to capture special detail behind a piece. I wanted to write more, showcase more pictures, and tell the whole story.
Thus, this blog was born! I’ve been planning and designing it for over a month now and finally decided to hit publish and share it with the world. It’s the bare bones, but that’s what makes it exciting.
For more about this blog and what you can expect, visit my about page here.
It’s your turn!
Introduce yourself and share in the comments below…
- Where are you from? I love “meeting” people from all around the world!
- What fills your days? Do you stay at home? Do you work from home? Do you work outside of the home?
- What’s your favorite color? Favorite TV show? Favorite type of music? Or you can just tell me three fun things about yourself. 🙂
- Are you a calligrapher, letterer, designer, or some other person of the arts? Or do you simply share in my passion for calligraphy and all things beautiful and lovely?
- What interests you about calligraphy? Do you care most about technique, design, product styling?
- And lastly… how can I help? What are you looking for or hoping to take away from me?
~ ~ ~
Thanks for reading my first blog post ever. I am excited to hear from you.
P.S. Be sure you are subscribed to my blog below so you don’t miss a post!
~ ~ ~
Supplies used in this post:
You can find all of my supplies on my supplies page.